Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Negadon coming to America


I'm surprised to find that I never wrote about "Negadon: The Monster from Mars." It's a 20-minute Japanese film made in the spirit of '60s giant monster movies, but completely computer animated. I watched the trailer and absolutely loved it. You can tell it's made by a giant monster film fan.

The film premiered at a festival in Japan and has been getting very warm reviews. Now comes news that the film has been picked up by Central Park Media for some kind of distribution in America. According to the company's press release:

Negadon
will be released theatrically this spring and on home video this
summer. Central Park Media will make further announcements at New York
Comic-Con at the end of February.


I'm really curious to see how they release this on DVD. It's a short film, so what else is going to go on the disc? We'll know in February I guess.

No comments: